Are you looking to deepen your knowledge and understanding of issues related to substance use? Join this interactive learning opportunity to connect with experts in the field and your peers for a deep dive into substance use and child welfare practice.
In this virtual series of six 60-minute case-based learning experiences, you’ll explore the following:
- Indications of substance use and how to identify substances, paraphernalia, and a person under the influence
- What drug tests really reveal—and the complications associated with interpreting test results
- Treatment evaluations and the importance of supporting families in accessing the right level of treatment at the right time
- Facts and myths about medication-assisted treatment
- Approaches for supporting families in recovery and working to prevent relapse
- Various decision points in the life of a child welfare case and how to assess and ensure for parental capacity at each point
Not only will you hear from experts, but you’ll also discuss challenging cases and build solutions with your peers, creating a community of practice to share experiences and continue learning into the future!
The Web-based training The Substance Use Puzzle: Putting Together the Pieces has foundational information related to this ECHO series. We encourage you to complete the WBT prior to the first session so that you can make the most of your virtual sessions.